Saturday, August 31, 2013

Loves

I love that when I lie in his bed there are plush animals for my feet to play with

I love that his cheeks have scars for my fingertips to stroke

I love that he begins to be sad with me

I love his dog

I love that from the beginning he called me by my name

I love his crooked goofy smile and the way it welcomes me

I love that he hurts in the same places I do

I love the privacy which he hides behind and I invade

I love his rainy, cocoa smell

I love the capital L he insists upon

I love the little boy I uncover more and more rarely

I love his passion for properly chopped vegetables

I love his yearning for superpowers

I love the warmth his very being exudes 

I love the kisses

I love that on these nights we cry together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment