Friday, July 19, 2013

a thunderclap applauded me tonight

Today I went to orientation at the college, which I'll admit I hadn't looked forward to. It was approximately twice as terrible as I expected it to be, but oh well. I'm really going because I couldn't come up with a convincing enough argument not to, but I do at least think the classes I'm taking (Women in World Religions, Creative Writing, Introduction to Alternative Medicine) look interesting.

On a whim, I added in a twice a week yoga class. People think I kid when I say walking up the stairs is as much exercise as I get in a day, and I'm not. I want to kick this habit of not wanting to do anything, not wanting to get out of bed. I need to be healthier. This will probably involve not eating waffles with whipped cream for dinner twice a week, but I try not to think about that.

Tonight I feel oddly strong, a feeling I haven't had in... I don't know. A long time. This morning was sad, and I am still sad, but I also feel a little hopeful, and for the first time I feel bigger than this stupid fucked up hazy cloud of depression I'm sick of sitting around in. I'm going to go make myself a cup of sleepytime tea and read a little poetry, and then go to sleep early.

No comments:

Post a Comment